Saturday 8 September 2012

What have I been up to lately?


As you may have noticed all I’ve been doing on this blog recently is posting stories, and I imagine most of you are very frustrated at not being able to read about my thrilling life or my opinions on politics, music, and so forth so I have decided to write something which should hoefully lay your mind to rest. Probably one of the main reasons I haven’t been posting all the other gubbins that I originally meant to when I started this thing is that I’ve been saving it for my podcast which if you don’t know is called Errand of Mercy, details on our facebook page. Once you’ve clicked on that link you should almost certainly “like” the page and probably subscribe to the show, and then force all your friends or loved one to “like” it too BY WHATEVER MEANS NECCESARY! I still do have opinions though so I’m hoping that now that I have a bit more time on my hands you’ll start seeing a few more of those from time to time.

“Why do you have more time Geraint?” you ask (I assume), well dear reader that is because one month ago I quit my job. There are a lot of reasons I left the job, and I’m not going into all of them here but essentially:
1)      I didn’t enjoy it.
2)      I felt exhausted all the time and didn’t have time to do anything with the money I was making.
3)      I realised I should probably do what I actually “want” to do rather than what I feel I “ought” to do.
Having free time has been great and has meant I’ve been able to do a lot of things I hadn’t been able to do in the months when I was working, not least of which is managing to get rather a lot of writing done and finally edit some of the things I’d finished quite a while before hand. Of course I’ve also managed to spend a lot of time watching TV, playing video games, and reading comics which while nice is probably a bit less productive and fulfilling us of all this time I have. I suppose the point I really want to reach is demostrated in the picture below where a group of men have done what they "ought" to (chopping down a tree) and have also managed to do what they "want" to (pose for a totally sweet photo), whether I manage to achieve it is a different matter but these lumberjacks fill me with hope.


Where do I go from here? I’m not sure to is the short answer, the slightly longer perhaps more medium length answer is that I’m hoping to do some travelling using the last few pennies I have stashed away and am currently making plans to go and bum round Europe for a. In the longer term provided I don’t win the lottery or get offered some amazing dream job I’m looking at going back to university and actually doing that PhD I probably should have been doing anyway. In the meantime you can continue to enjoy some of my stories and musings and what not which I imagine you’ll be getting on a much more regular basis from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment