Monday 25 November 2013

How to Listen to Errand of Mercy

As you may know I am one half of the podcast Errand of Mercy, and as you may also know we have recently been having a few troubles with iTunes (see Episode 65: The Harrison Fordcast for details). This has unfortunately meant that some people haven't been able to listen to the show which is a terrible situation that cannot be allowed to continue.




In my opinion the simplest way to listen to the show is via our feedburner page, which is the link I regularly post on Facebook and Twitter when the show updates. when you follow the link you will come to a page that looks something like this:


If you click "Play Now" the show will start playing in your browser. But maybe you want to download it for later? Okay then all you need to do is right click on the media player and you'll get something like this:


Simply click on "Save video as..." and the episode will download onto your computer for you to listen later or do whatever you want with it!

So that's how to listen to the show on your computer but maybe you want to listen to the show on a phone or something? Well if you have an Android device (Samsung, HTC, Google, etc.) I would recommend downloading BeyondPod. Using this free app you can subscribe to Errand of Mercy and stream or download episodes, it's what I use to listen to podcasts and it's pretty ace. If you have a Windows phone or tablet then my understanding is that Zune works in a similar way. If you have an iPhone you are probably screwed until Apple because a more user friendly company. If you are using a Blackberahahaha, who has a Blackberry? I mean it's 2013 for goodness sakes.

I hope that helped, I am obviously still working on getting the show back on iTunes but it is a bit like banging my head against a brick wall. In the meantime I'm looking into some other services which will hopefully make the show a bit easier to get a hold of. Also seriously if you enjoy the show please "like" it on Facebook or follow us on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment