Thursday 2 August 2012

Craig Chapter 6: And Finally


“Okay I get it, stop the video. Why didn’t I see this before?”
“I sent it to you repeatedly Officer Henderson, but you never check your messages.”
“Right well I don’t care about any of it, I’m not going to sign off on this, killing sentient creatures to make a rich man richer, it’s barbaric!”
“If you don’t sign off on it someone else will Officer Henderson”
“Then why are you pressuring me to do it? Why are you making this shitty job even shittier? Why do you want me to go down in history as the universes most unreasonable mass murderer?”
“Because I’m feeling kind”
“Well you’ve got a damn odd way of showing it!”

At that moment a thought went through his mind, he could stop it all happening, he could save all the… goop… well it didn’t matter what it looked like he could save it. Destroy the data, stop the ship getting back to earth. There had to be some sort of self destruct, a button he could press, something! I mean no one might realise it was him but if he saved a whole species from being turned into animal food then his life might mean something right? It would have been worth it all right?

“They’ll let you stay on Earth Craig. I know you hate space travel, if you agree they’ll promote you, let you stay on Earth, and study your frogs. That’s how I’m being kind.”

Well it had been a shit job, but if someone had to do it...

No comments:

Post a Comment